#GoOrange for #NoKidHungry! Help the 1 in 5 kids who will face hunger this yr. Help stop childhood hunger in the US. http://thndr.it/12U5zCq
I just supported Go Orange for #NoKidHungry on @ThunderclapIt. Join me here so we can help make a difference together!
Two major announcements from Facebook today that have now converged into 1 Tumblr post:
- Everyone can now embed Facebook posts onto their website, extending the Facebook experience beyond just Facebook. Added bonus: You can interact with the post directly from whatever website you’re seeing the post on. If you “like” it below, that shows up on the original post… ON FACEBOOK. And you can also like the page where the post comes from. It even embeds the video. #WickedAwesome
- Zuckerberg announced Internet.org today, his new project that aims to provide internet access for everyone in the world. Yes, this will eventually serve his bottom line, since more internet access = more people with the potential to have Facebook access, but this will also have the much bigger affect of providing information to people of all walks of life all over the globe. They are going to work to reduce the cost of internet access, the data required to access, and the electricity needed to charge mobile devices. Information = knowledge, and knowledge=power. People will be able to access Facebook, but they’ll also be able to access THE REST OF THE INTERNET. Including articles that provide information on clean water, how to prevent sexually transmitted diseases (heck, all diseases!), and so much more. The possibilities are endless. This is the true definition of shared purpose, in my opinion, where doing something good for the world also does something good for your business. #Amazing.
Woohoo!! So excited about this. Client approvals will be much easier, and it allows you to capture content from more sources and pull that in. Wonderful.
A little over a month ago we launched Video on Instagram, and today we’re happy to bring you our next major app update. We’ve included a few of the most requested features and added something special as well. Here’s what you’ll find in Instagram 4.1:
Import Video from Library
The biggest development in dining out, food trucks, is taking the nation by storm with amazing, fresh food, low overhead, and ability to travel and reach a new audience on a daily basis.
Way to go, No Kid Hungry! Can’t wait to get some food trucks involved in Dine Out this September!
Juice!!! (Making it at home is way more fun than buying… If you have time.) 1. Carrot, beet, sweet potato, apple. 2. Kale, cucumber, celery, apple, ginger. 3. Pure orange (amazing!) #ilovejuice (at Cole Valley)
Today, we’re excited to introduce web embedding for Instagram content and bring you an easy way to add Instagram photos and videos to the stories you want to tell.
Now, when you visit an Instagram photo or video page on your desktop web browser, you’ll see a new share button on the right side of…
Woohoo! Instagram users can now add an Instagram video or photo to a website, article or blog post, bringing content from the Instagram platform to outside platforms. This feature is available to all Instagram users today.
Brand Implications (from the Edelman team):
- Real-time Content Sourcing - Instagram images and videos can be used for real-time sourcing on news coverage, product announcements, etc. - similar to how people use Twitter to find the latest news and updates
- Privacy will stay the same; web embedding is only available on public Instagram profiles
- Brand Attribution on Content - The individual or brand will always be credited. No matter who embeds your photo or video, the original Instagram account handle will be included with the video or photo and the video will click back to that original photo/video source
- Content Engagement - Photo and video embeds provide the same features available on the Instagram web feed or mobile site – users can like and comment on content directly from an outside website or blog post
- Continued cross–promotion opportunities for your Instagram content on a brand website or blog plus an additional boost in exposure; more people will be able to experience a brand’s “Instagram moments” outside of the Instagram platform
- More people seeing your content - There are over 130 million Instagram users – this new embed functionality will allow brands to push their content outside of the native Instagram platform and users to an even wider audience